This Native American Folk Tale is such a great story to include in your makerspace! It has a number of problems for students to think creatively about. This invites student choice as they can choose a potential problem to solve and then each design their own solution.
👉🏼 Read more about novel engineering with the book The Lost Boy and the Monster here!
👉🏼 Let’s stay connected! Be sure to sign up for my newsletter where I share tips, tools, & tricks to increase engagement without increasing your prep time!
Copyright © Vr2lTch
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.
This activity addresses the following standards:
- Learners engage with the learning community by collaboratively identifying innovative solutions to a challenge or problem.
- Learners construct new knowledge by problem solving through cycles of design, implementation, and reflection.
- Learners construct new knowledge by persisting through self-directed pursuits by tinkering and making.
- Ask questions, make observations, and gather information about a situation people want to change to define a simple problem that can be solved through the development of a new or improved object or tool.
- Develop a simple sketch, drawing, or physical model to illustrate how the shape of an object helps it function as needed to solve a given problem.
ALSO ADDRESSES ISTE STANDARDS